As y’all can see, I have been pretty obsessed with making desserts with brown butter. I love the depth of flavor brown butter brings to the table. This recipe is ridiculously easy to throw together, you guys need to make this recipe. I added almond extract to mine, because I love almond extract.
Brown Butter Blondie Recipe:
- salted butter, browned – 3/4 cup
- brown sugar – 1 cup
- sugar- 1/2 cup
- eggs, at room temp- 2 each
- almond extract- 1 tsp.
- baking powder – 1 tsp.
- salt – 1 tsp.
- flour- 1 & 3/4 cups
- dark chocolate chips- 1 & 1/4 cups
- Pink Himalayan or Maldon Sea Salt for garnishing
- Brown your butter and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or in a bowl with a hand held mixer, add in your butter, brown sugar, sugar and almond extract. Paddle on low until mixture is incorporated.
- One at a time, add the eggs. Mix until incorporated.
- With the mixer off, add in the baking powder, salt, flour and chocolate chips. Mix on low until just incorporated.
- Pour into a sprayed and parchment lined 9×11 baking pan, garnish with salt and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
The caramelization is ridiculous on these blondies, in the best way. You can tell by the color. That right there, is properly browned butter with the perfect marriage of sugar. Is there a better marriage in this world? Perhaps not.
Thanks for reading today friends! I hope you bake and share this recipe. Let me know in the comments what you think and any adjustments you may have made to personalize these. Cheers!