Hello friends and welcome back! Although this page is mainly for baking, I wanted to share this super easy smoked salmon recipe with you guys!
Before I get into it, let’s talk about safety while doing this smoked salmon at home. This will only work in 2 different places if you don’t have a smoker.
- On a grill, outside. Camper grill, large grill – doesn’t matter. As long as you’re outside.
- Inside your home in a convection oven.
If you have a convection oven, you probably have a hood. That is good because if you’re smoking something without a ventilation system, bad things are going to happen, and we don’t want that.
Smoked Salmon Recipe and Directions:
- Turn your grill or oven on the lowest heat possible (do not go over 200 degrees).
- Soak a few pieces of charcoal in unscented lighter fluid.
- Line a shallow hotel pan with foil.
- Debone, remove the belly and salt your salmon. I also like to squeeze some lemon or lime on mine with a little rub of warm honey. That’s totally optional.
- Put the charcoal in the bottom of the pan.
- Place wood chips of your choice on top of the charcoal.
- Light the charcoal and wood chips, a little flame is good, we want the charcoal and chips to heat up nicely.
- Place the hotel pan on the grill or oven, allow smoke to start filling the inside.
- Place the salmon on a parchment lined sheet pan and put on the grill/oven. Closing the lid if you are using a grill
- Allow the salmon to smoke. Re-light and add more wood chips if necessary. This is a slow process and may take a few hours.
- The salmon is done once it temps out at 140 degrees.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
I for one love smoked salmon, really any smoked meat is my jam. I even like to do smoked chocolate, which once I have a safe place to do so at home, I’ll be dabbling with some smoked chocolate recipes. This smoking technique can work for whatever you’d like to smoke at home! I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe! Let me know in the comments what you think. Be safe and have a wonderful day! Cheers!