Hello bakers! This recipe is one for the books, grab your pen and make sure you jot this one down. I altered this recipe to be a low carb and low sugar cookie. A guilt-free cookie for all to enjoy!
Recipe: yields about 40-45 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup erythritol (or another sugar replacement)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. dark roast coffee grounds, regular or decaf
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup ap flour
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a kitchen aid with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and erythritol until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low and add in the eggs one at a time, letting each egg incorporate fully. Add in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Turn the mixer off and add in the remaining ingredients. Turn the mixer on low and mix until dough forms together, scraping the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookies onto parchment lined sheet pans. Make sure the cookies are about 1″ apart on the pans. Press the tops down gently with your fingers to flatten the tops a little bit.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes. Let cool, and enjoy!
These cookies are so fluffy and rich in flavor, absolutely delicious! A wonderful little treat for you or anyone special in your life. Tip: If you prefer to keep all the sugar and carbs in this cookie, simply use white sugar in place of the erythritol and replace the almond flour with ap flour. I can easily see this cookie being vegan as well if that’s your jam.
Thanks for reading today, I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe. Let me know in the comments below what you think, and make sure to share this recipe with a friend that you know will love it! Cheers & happy baking!