I figured since I posted gnocchi I better get a meatball recipe up on here. I grew up eating meatballs at least once a week, and for me, they never go out of style. This recipe is so easy and delicious, I know you’ll love it!
Recipe: Yields about 35-40 meatballs
- ground lamb- 2 lbs.
- ground 80/20 beef- 2 lbs.
- garlic, minced- 1/3 cup
- yellow onion, small diced- 2 each
- rosemary, chopped- 2 large stems
- salt- 1 tbsp. (add more or less to your preference)
- black pepper- 1 tbsp. (add more or less to your preference)
- bread, soaked in milk- 2 slices
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together gently, ensuring not to over work the meat.
- On a parchment lined sheet pan, scoop 2 oz. of the meat mixture and roll into balls. Place on the sheet pan close together.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. The core temp of the meatballs should reach 155 degrees. Do not overbake. Meatballs will become tough if they overbake, so aim for 155-165 degrees.
I love these particular meatballs so much because of the flavor the lamb brings to the table. These will probably be my new standard meatball when the craving arises. They’re sweet, savory, decadent and moist. Absolutely perfect in any sauce; pesto, vodka, marinara, alfredo- whatever your favorite is!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and make these meatballs! You won’t be dissapointed. Let me know in the comments what you think, and be sure to share this recipe with a friend! Cheers!