Hello friends and happy fall! Today’s cookie is inspired by my Dad’s birthday! When I think about what dessert my Dad enjoys eating, I always have flashbacks of a giant ice cream sundae in his lap covered with wet walnuts, chocolate fudge and whipped cream. Since I can’t make him a sundae for his birthday, I decided to incorporate some of those flavors into this cookie! Alas, these cookies came to mind with the help of my husband inspiring the addition of white chocolate. These have an awesome crunch with lots of chocolate. What more do you really need?
Triple Chocolate Walnut Cookie Dough
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted walnut pieces
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate. Set aside and allow to cool to room temp.
- In a kitchen aid with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar & white sugar on medium speed until fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Scrape down the bowl and add in the eggs one at a time. Mixing each egg in completely.
- Turn the mixer off and add in the almond extract, salt, cocoa powder and melted chocolate. Mix on low until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer off and add in the remaining ingredients. Mix on low until dough comes together.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Measure out cookies to your desired size and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from pans.
What I love most about these cookies is the crunch of the walnuts, the sweetness of the almond extract and all that gooey chocolate. The melted chocolate really makes this dough decadent! If you so desired I could see the addition of some coffee grounds adding even more flavor to these. These cookies are definitely best served warm!
Thanks for reading, I hope you get the chance to make this recipe soon! Make sure to share this recipe with a friend, and let me know what you think of them. Cheers!